Oct 10 - 19, 2014
Feb 13 - Mar 1, 2015
Apr 17 - May 3, 2015
Located in the former balcony of the Baldwin Theatre, 2nd Stage is Stagecrafters' Contemporary Theatre. With its 100-seat intimate setting, the 2nd Stage is a black box theatre with a simple, unadorned performance space, and a versatile and easy-to-change stage. The audience sits in close proximity to the stage which lends itself to the types of shows mounted. The focus is on the story, writing, and performances rather than technical elements of the show.
2nd Stage’s 2014-15 season includes Tribes, Spring Awakening and Next to Normal - click for a snapshot of the entire 2nd Stage season. Join us as we continue our uncompromising dedication to creating an enriching, quality theatrical experience for the community. Season tickets are available - visit the Season Tickets page in our Box Office for more information.
Due to the intimacy of the theatre and the proximity of the the stage to the seating area, there is no late seating. Doors close at curtain time.
2nd Stage extras...
• Pay What You Can Nights!
For one night only, we're eliminating the economic barrier between the audience and live theatre by offering a "Pay What You Can" performance. Pay What You Can allows patrons to purchase a ticket to the final dress rehearsal of a 2nd Stage show and enjoy live theatre at a price of their choosing.
Tickets to "Pay What You Can" performances:
• Purchase at the box office one hour prior to the show. Doors open at 7 pm & close at 8 pm. No advance sales. Due to the intimacy of the theatre and proximity of the stage to the audience, there is no late seating.
• Pay any amount in cash. Credit/debit cards $5 minimum.
• One ticket per person. 100 tickets are available. First come, first served.
• Seating is general admission.
• Please note that this is the final dress rehearsal so the performance may be stopped to fix/adjust technical components.
• The 2nd Stage is wheelchair accessible but there is no chair parking available so patrons must be able to transfer to a seat.
• Sorry, all sales final. No refunds or exchanges. NO LATE SEATING
Pay What You Can Performance Dates:
▶ SPRING AWAKENING, Wednesday. February 11, 2015 at 8 pm. Doors open at 7 pm.
▶ NEXT TO NORMAL, Wednesday. April 15, 2015 at 8 pm. Doors open at 7 pm.
Pay What You Can Nights are generously sponsored by VIBE CREDIT UNION
• Rush Tickets! Half-price rush tickets may be available for Friday performances. On Fridays, unsold seats for that performance may go on sale at half price. There is a two ticket limit per person. Cash only and first come - first serve. Please call 248-541-6430 (10 a.m. - 4 p.m.) for rush ticket availability the day of the show.
• Talkbacks! Some of our 2nd Stage shows feature talkbacks after the show with either a guest speaker or the production team. Check individual show pages for specific dates and subject matter.